Eat more greens, everyone will tell you that. But it you make a habit of drinking greens too, it can give amazing results…
Benefits of Green Tea to Weight Loss
Obesity is a condition in which excess body fat accumulation leads to negative health effects with reduced life expectancy. If a person’s BMI (Body Mass Index) exceeds 30 kg/m2 he is said to be obese. Obesity is mainly caused due to excessive intake of food, lack of physical activity and genetic susceptibility. Authorities say that it is one of the serious health problems of 21st Century.
“Using biennial data from a nationwide health and nutrition study, about 18 percent of kids ages 2 to 18 were obese based on their waist circumference in 2011 and 2012, very close to the rate in 2003 and 2004.”
Obesity comes with terrible diseases that can be fatal. According to New England Journal of Medicine, obese people have 2 to 3 times less life expectancy as compared to normal people. Heart diseases, Type 2 diabetes, Cancer, Osteoarthritis etc. are some diseases that are caused due to obesity. Intake of Green Tea in your daily diet can reduce obesity and has many health benefits.
How Green Tea Fights Obesity
Camellia sinensis or Green tea is a natural way to get rid of fats and obesity. It has now replaced normal tea and has become most popular beverage in Asian Countries. It is a rich source of polyphenol catechins & which is also rich in Caffeine helps in reduction of body weight, BMI and waistline.
“A population-based, prospective cohort study has shown that green tea consumption is associated with reduced mortality due to all causes and cardiovascular disease. Various studies have shown the beneficial effects of Camellia sinensis, not only on cardiovascular diseases but also on obesity and type 2 diabetes itself”
How Does It Work?
“It boosts your metabolism to help you lose weight. You won’t get skinny overnight, but you’ll shed a few pounds. Plus, it’s full of life-extending health benefits!”
- Boosts Metabolism and burns fat
- Reducing Food Craving thus prevents fat storage
- Blocks Dietary Fat Absorption
- Reduces carbohydrate and fat absorption by blocking the actions of enzymes
- Regulates Glucose Uptake
- Synergism with Caffeine
Contents in Green Tea
- Caffeine: Caffeine speeds up metabolism and thus helps in burning more calories. This results in effective weight loss quickly.
- Epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG): Most active form of catechin helps to suppress appetite by triggering noradrenalin
- AR25: It drastically reduces obesity, slowing down gastric and lipase enzymes that are responsible to store fats in our body
- Catechins: Help you lose weight by and thwart obesity by reducing the movement of glucose in fat cells. This lowers cholesterol and sugar level which is good for diabetic and heart patients.
- Vitamin B, Vitamin C and Thiamine
Sources: well.blogs.nytimes.com, en.wikipedia.org